Sunday, January 31, 2010
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Friday, January 29, 2010
my office... in the moment my fav place
little bit of spring sneaking in to the house
- I want a LONG saturday family brunch, with lot's of coffee
- Monty the fox is so cute
- Mister Kay and I started to watch Forbrydelsen
- trying out Hauschka, looking for a good face cream
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
really miss the outdoor flea markets,
the first one this year will be in March
lot"s of vintage in my kitchen ,
fifties mixing bowls from Rosti,
(they are nesting bowls)
these were designed by Sigvard Bernadotte
-reading Sweet Life in Paris by David Lebovitz
-it's cold here
- Emma Cassi makes lot"s of wonderful goodies
Monday, January 25, 2010
good morning monday
the battle of the coffee machines, I did win this Illy coffee machine( thanks red magazine) ,
but now we got a big problem Mister Kay also has a very good coffee machine.....
let the battle begin.......let"s have lot"s of coffee
my blog of the week "" when skies are grey""
Saturday, January 23, 2010
went to see Julie and Julia
wonderful, now I feel like baking and I love Julia Child,
guess I will spend my weekend in the kitchen ,lol
vintage tins are wonderful,
it would be great to have a collection
of vintage tea and coffee tins for the kitchen
- I wonder what Jurianne will make next
- new photo shoot coming up... ( more soon)
Friday, January 22, 2010
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
corner view...my style
I''m a dress person , I do love the color black ,jeans in the winter,can't live without my sunglassses,
perfume and nail polish make me happy...oh that sounds so girly
want to know what Isabelle, April ............Jane are wearing
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
vintage scandinavian chair ,
looks a bit like a Ilmari Tapiovaara chair
my 2010 calender is from Catherine Cambell ( my folk lover)
what a grey Tuesday, makes me feel lazy and tired
tell me , how do you refresh your energy??
- I like(I want) the new cd from Vampire Weekend
Monday, January 18, 2010
Sunday, January 17, 2010
thanks to my brother I have some wonderful West German pottery vases.
the black&yellow one is my fav one at the moment... they look wonderful with some
brightly colored flowers
Friday, January 15, 2010
-my highlights of the week -
- a trip to the movies to see
( if you go to see it, make sure you catch the 3D version)
-little monster aka Nila is back at school, she is doing well
- I do like classical music
- did join the gym
- did get some cool snail mail ( will tell you more about it soon)
-giving money to Haiti
-blog of the week frecklewonder ( lot"s of cool vintage)
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
my fav coffee table book in the moment
there is a new trend in the Netherlands, guess you can call it
Cafe Ice( you get to sit outside with a great
winter view ,they will give you a blanket
and you can order hot drinks)
- did order a sticker book from Yaelfran
( now I got my own kaylovesvintage stickers ,so cool)
it's fun and you meet great people , have a look
busy week here , so I hope you have a good week
Sunday, January 10, 2010
confession......just one more for the collection ,
a new chair LCM designed by Charles Eames as part of the Plywood Group in 1945. LCM stands for lounge chair metal. This chair was made by the Swiss company Vitra. They have been producing Eames designes since 1957 for the european and asian market.
Mister Kay wanted one for a long time.....
- a collection a day , great idea
- I like the work from Nikki McClure
- really, really want to see "Where the Wild things are""
Friday, January 8, 2010
I really need to find some snow( moon) boots
it will be cold again this weekend, perfect time of the
year to play games
( trying to watch less TV)
my lucky week( year) , I won
a red Illy
thanks red magazine, that "s a really cool prize
- I like Jutta
- happy birthday Elvis
- what are you reading in the moment??
enjoy your weekend
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Last summer I got a new treasure cupboard.
On the top shelf from left to right:
- Vintage 60's Diana toy camera with original box and manual.
- Two handmade wooden birds designed in 1959 by Danish architect Kristian Vedel.
- Bilora Bella 44 camera with Voightlander flash unit (1962).
- Agfa Tilly flash unit in original case 1965.
- Three 50's porcelain figures from Goebel. The middle one is Walt Disney's Bambi.
- Vintage Danish teak blowfish used for cocktail sticks.
- Bilora Bella 3c camera 1955.
- Danish salt and pepper shakers.
- jokemijn , cool blog from Antwerp
- I like Bret from the Flight of the Conchords
-my new passion black nail polish
Monday, January 4, 2010
This is my favourite lamp. It looks cool in the daytime but it is really stunning after dark. Normally we have a white one hanging in this spot but for this picture I specially put up the our new purple one.
It is designed in 1958 by the Danish designer Poul Henningsen and it's name is PH5. Henningsen disliked the blinding glare of the light bulb so he wanted to develop a lamp that gave the same glare as an old fashioned petroleum lamp. That resulted in the PH-range of lamp designs. This PH5 is the most successful design (and my favourite).
The PH5 lamps have always been produced by Louis Poulsen. They are still producing it but not in this beautiful purple.
we are back to normal life again after two weeks holidays .
YOkoo is so cool and I just love her work
-want to know how to make a pom pom
have a good week