Tuesday, September 13, 2011

dinner plates


Mister Kay's fav dinner plate is made by Egersund -Norway.
It's a shame that we don't have any more information on the plate,
 but I guess is from the 50's.


My fav plate is from the Picknick range  by Rorstrand - Sweden.
It was designed by Marianne Westmann in  the 50's.

In Berlin we bought some Picknick fabric from Scandinavian Objects. Maybe I should ask my friend Zoe to make me some Picknick pillows when I'm in the UK in October.

My sunday morning read: Schorlemaedchen.

kay

11 comments:

Emil und die großen Schwestern said...

My favorit is the first plate!

Saskia said...

Love Rorstrand! But I only have one cup & saucer, from the Mia-range that is.
xoxox

Merle said...

love both, my fav is rorstrand!

Arctic Mum said...

Love those, you know Egersund is one of the oldest manufacturers in Norway (not existing anymore I think) Found some Figgjo plates recently, will blog them. Would love to send you, but worry they will break.

Laura said...

I like the second one, it's really nice!

Herr Janosch said...

Guess what? Got the perfect print today - jippie!!!
Thank you so much - it is adorable!

Valloittava valkoinen said...

So lovely plates and i also like that beautiful wood that shows under the plates!

And your pottery is so beautiful in the previous blogging!

Have great day!
-Anu

Iris Vank said...

That Rorstrand-plate looks fab: I've never seen that particular picknick-decor, I've only seen the ones with the different vegetables. Great find!

Anonymous said...

Nice plates, I like both!

Anonymous said...

oh my you are such a treasure finder :)
thanks so much, your comment made me smile ..

gracia said...

What a handsome pair those plates make.