Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lea Stein


Lea Stein was born in Paris in 1931. She originally worked for Coco Chanel before she started producing her own brooches and accessories. Lea's work is heavily influenced by the Art Deco period. Her work is so lovely, you be amazed to find out that the material she is working with is really a form  of plastic. I do love the red fox (brooch) and I hope one day I'll find one of her pieces...

The cute Scottie dog napkins rings are not her's. They are produced in America in the 30's.

Pictures are taken at Station Antiques in Appledore, Kent.

6 comments:

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

I really like the doggie napkin rings- I don't think I could pull off a broach like that although it is super cute.

Fine Hand said...

love these...can't believe they are plastic..such great fluid shapes!

Emma said...

I like the French poodle, owl and ladybird - in fact, I wouldn't mind any of them!

soisses-dasleben said...

ohhh my... so sweet. didn`t know her work!

Oley said...

the wiener dog napkin rings are wonderful, though a little unnecessary.

Salman Haris said...

http://salman-haris.blogspot.com/